Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Two Towers

I majored in English in college which means two things 1. I have about a thousand books 2. I cannot afford decent bookshelves. My books have been in a dozen plastic storage bins for over two years. Finally I decided, enough is enough. I pulled those bins out and started looking at the piles and decided to find a way to display them, or use them, or something. I mean I wouldn't want anyone to NOT  know that I spent $40k on a virtually useless degree. Hence, the two towers: two 6 foot tall precarious pillars of English literature. I know what book nerds will say, "but then you dont have access to your books because they are all stacked on top of each other!" Well, I'll tell you what if you have any desire to read Edgar Lee Masters Spoon River Anthology or Gunter Grass's The Tin Drum  you just let me know. I'll give you a dollar and you can go to your local used book store and buy yourself a copy from  some other English major who needs the cash more badly than me.


3 comments:

  1. Isn't there any lumber in that barn you can salvage for bookshelves? I would think this would be a pretty simple carpentry project. Frankly, I'm disappointed at your lack of creativity and resourcefulness. Back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Lucas, what's that you say, you want to come over and build me bookshelves? How generous of you! I'll leave the key under the mat! (Hey I got 2 acres to contend with, bookshelves ain't a priority right now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I find them to be both post modern and deconstructionist in their execution. So :-P

    ReplyDelete