Friday, November 16, 2012

Black and White Bathroom Inspiration

My house has 1 bathroom. It is 5x8 and consists of a small (16") vanity cabinet, toilet (from the 70's) and a cast iron bathtub (60"). Everything about it is fairly standard, it is functional, but it is also hideously ugly and in disrepair.
My hope is to remodel this spring when funds and weather cooperate.

This is the current floorplan.


I see no reason to change the layout except for the door. It is currently swinging into the room which takes up precious floor space. By rehinging the door to swing into the hall it will allow for a slightly larger vanity cabinet (24").

I would like to remodel but stay true to the era of the home with a design that is neutral and timeless. Here's some of my inspiration,



Love this classic small scale tile pattern.

Love the use of white subway tile with black listello (that's the skinny black tile that's embedded). Also like bringing tile up the wall, all the way around the room, to chair height. In this image it also appears that a grey grout has been used which means less maintenance.


Love this vintage look, but as much as I adore pedestal sinks I think a vanity is more practical as it allows for more storage which is always in demand in a bath.



This cabinet is classic and provides storage. Also I like the sink's backsplash detail. Very sweet.

My hope is to create something timeless and classic but still with a bit of personality. Also most of these items can be purchased at a big box store which saves $$$.
I can't wait til spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment