Friday, February 8, 2013

I'd Like to thank the Academy...(Revised)

It just so happens that this year my birthday and the Oscars are on the same day! Rather than resent this intrusion on MY special day I have decided to embrace it. I am having a Best Picture Party. The menu will reflect each of the 9 best picture nominees for the 85th annual awards.


I've reworked the menu quite a bit so it makes a bit more sense.
Here's the-revised-gist:

Lincoln-Washington DC-Gin Rickey (the official cocktail of The District)

Zero Dark Thirty-Pakistan-dolma (stuffed grape leaves)

Argo-Iran-Maast-o Khiar (cucumber yogurt dip)

Amour-France-Assorted French cheeses (Camembert, Roquefort, Brie, Munster, Neufchatel, Gruyere all qualify)

Les Miserables-France-French Onion Soup

Beasts of the Southern Wild-Mississippi-Mac N Cheese

Django Unchained-Mississippi-Collard Greens

Silver Linings Playbook-Philadelphia-Cheesecake

Life of Pi-India-Mango Lassi (a fruit and yogurt drink)

I've revised and tailored the menu so it's semi-cohesive and not so random/stomach turning...Ok, that's a lie it's totally schizophrenic but I think this way there'll be something for every taste.

2 comments: