Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Countertop Compost

I am kinda sorta obsessed with composting. Kinda because I care about the environment and sorta because I'm kinda obsessive. Here's the latest...


Either way I've been keeping all my compost scraps on the counter in a pyrex bowl and emptying them on a daily basis which prevents smells but is a bit of nuisance. So I just purchased-from Crate and Barrel-a 1.3 gallon self close trash can that was only $14 and am going to use it for my scraps. This will mean fewer trips to the compost pile and the bonus that the little green can looks a little like R2D2.



I know that there are a whole lot of bins specifically for countertop compost but most of them are not very cute and the only major difference as far as I can see is they usually contain a charcoal filter in the lid to prevent odors, but I empty mine very frequently so I'm not too concerned about that.


Lining comes out so easy to clean and empty.


No comments:

Post a Comment